Giordis Egg Pasta Doughgiordis
- 300 gr semolina fine or 300 gr 00 flour
- 3 eggs
- A pinch of salt
- Mound the flour on a clean work surface. Create a well in the center of the flour and crack the eggs into the well.
- Using a fork, beat the eggs and start incorporating flour from the inside of the well. Gradually mix in the flour until the mixture is thick and difficult to stir.
- Use your hands to continue kneading the dough until it comes together into a smooth, elastic ball. Add a little flour if it is too sticky, or a little water if it is too dry.
- Once the dough is smooth, form it into a ball and cover it with a bowl. Let it rest at room temperature for 30-60 minutes to an hour to allow the gluten to relax and the flour to hydrate.
- After resting, the dough is ready to be rolled out and shaped as desired. For best results, use a pasta roller to create thin, uniform sheets of dough, or hand-roll it into shapes like tagliatelle, pappardelle, or fettuccine.
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of salted boiling water for 2-4 minutes, depending on thickness and shape. Serve immediately with your favorite sauce or toppings.